Veal liver Alt-Berlin with crushed potatoes
- 1 kg mainly floury potatoes li>
- Salt and pepper
- span> nutmeg
- 4 span> slices veal liver (approx. 150 g each)
- 4 Onions
- 2 tart medium-sized apples (e.g. Cox Orange)
- 6–7 EL Flour
7 EL Butter span>
- 200 ml span> Milk
60 minutes span>
- Peel and wash the potatoes and cook covered in salted water for about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, remove any tendons and thin membranes from the liver. Wash the liver, pat dry. Peel the onions and cut into thin rings. Wash, quarter, core and cut the apples into thin wedges.
- Turn the liver in 4–5 tablespoons of flour, knock off lightly. Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a large pan. Fry the liver in it over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side. Season with salt and pepper. Take out and keep warm.
- Turn the onions in 2 tablespoons of flour, knock them off lightly. Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in the frying fat and fry the onions until crispy while turning. Fry the apples briefly.
- In the meantime, drain the potatoes for the mashed potatoes. Heat the milk and add 3 tablespoons of butter to the potatoes. Mash with a potato masher. Season with salt and nutmeg.
- Serve the liver and the mashed potatoes. Spread the apples and onions with the frying fat on the liver.
1 person approx:
- 640 kcal li>
- 39 g protein
- 22 g fat
- 68 g carbohydrates