'Take me away' lentil salad with an orange and rosemary dressing
- 350 g Lentils (e.g. Beluga) span>
- 300 g Carrots
- 2 onions
- 2 red peppers li>
- 300 g White or pointed cabbage
- 8 EL Oil li>
- 2 EL sour cream
- 2 TL Table horseradish (glass)
- sp an> juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- 100 ml orange juice
- 4 EL dark balsamic vinegar
2–3Sprigs of rosemary
- 1–2 TL span> Mustard
very simple span>
- Rinse the lentils with cold water, then cover with 1 1⁄2 l of cold water and bring to the boil for approx Cook for minutes. Clean, peel and finely dice the carrots. Add the carrots to the lentils about 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time and continue cooking.
- Drain, rinse with cold water and allow to drain well.
- Peel and finely dice the onions. Clean and wash the peppers, cut into fine strips and also finely dice. Clean and wash the cabbage and cut out the stalk in a wedge shape. Finely chop the cabbage. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan.
- Sauté the onions, peppers and cabbage in it for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Place in a large bowl with the lentils. Mix the sour cream, horseradish cream and lemon juice with a tablespoon.
- For the dressing, put the orange juice and vinegar in a small saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer to half (= reduce) while stirring. Take it from the stove and let it cool off. In the meantime, wash the rosemary, shake dry, strip off needles and finely chop.
- Stir rosemary and mustard into the orange-vinegar reduction.
- Beat 6 tablespoons of oil on top. Season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar. Pour the dressing over the lentils, mix well. Season the salad again with salt, pepper and vinegar. Arrange the salad or fill it in Tupperware, sprinkle with horseradish sour cream - and off you go!
1 portion approx:
- 600 kcal li>