Stuffed beetroot with chunky mashed potatoes
- 1 kg small beetroot li>
- Tubers with leaves
- 3 span> EL Vinegar
- 1 kg floury cooking
- 150 g Lean quark
- 150 g Crème-fraîche
- 1 Egg (size M)
- 75 g Gouda cheese
- 1 bunch parsley and
- 2 EL Wholegrain breadcrumbs
- 3/8 l vegetable broth (instant)
- 1/4 l milk span>
- 50 g Butter or margarine
- grated nutmeg
- 2 span> onions
- Clean the beetroot, put the inner, small leaves to one side. Wash the tubers thoroughly. Put unpeeled with the vinegar in boiling salted water and pre-cook for approx. 25 minutes. Peel and wash the potatoes and cook in salted boiling water for about 20 minutes.
- Mix the quark, crème fraîche and egg. Coarsely grate the cheese. Wash herbs. Chop the parsley and cut the chives into rolls. Mix 2/3 of the herbs, breadcrumbs and cheese into the cream, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the beetroot. Quench the tubers in cold water, peel off the skin, cut in half lengthways and hollow out, except for an approx. 1/2 cm wide margin. Finely dice the inside. Fill the hollowed-out halves with the herb cream and place in an ovenproof baking dish.
- Add the beetroot cubes. Pour on the hot vegetable stock and bake in the preheated oven (electric stove: 200 ° C / gas: level 3) for about 15 minutes. Drain the potatoes, steam dry and roughly mash.
- Heat milk and 25 g fat,stir in the potatoes. Season the puree with salt, pepper and nutmeg and keep warm. Peel the onions and cut into thin rings. Heat the remaining fat and fry the onions until golden brown.
- Take the beetroot halves out of the mold and let the cubes drain. Arrange 4 halves each with a little puree on plates. Sprinkle the puree with the onions and beetroot with the remaining herbs and cubes.
- Garnish with beetroot leaves and serve.
1 person approx:
- 610 kcal li>
- 2560 kJ