'Lay down chopped' curry rice with apricots
- 150 g Basmati rice
- 7 (425 ml) fresh or 1 can of apricots
- 1 onion
- 1–2 span> Garlic cloves
- span> 2 zucchini (300 g each)
- 3 medium-sized carrots
- 400 g mixed minced meat
- ground cumin
- Curry powder
- 1 TL Vegetable stock (instant)
- 150 spa n> g Whole milk yoghurt
- Cook rice in boiling salted water according to the instructions on the packet. Wash apricots, rub dry, cut in half,stone and cut the pulp into wedges. If you are using canned apricots: Pour into a colander and let drain.
- In the meantime, peel the onion and garlic. Dice the onion. Finely chop the garlic. Wash and clean the zucchini, cut in half lengthways and cut into approx. 1⁄2 cm thin slices. Peel and wash the carrots and cut into 2–3 mm thin slices.
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Crumble the minced meat into it and stir-fry it for about 5 minutes until it is crumbly brown. Season with salt, pepper and 1⁄2 teaspoon of cumin. Remove.
- Fry the onions, garlic and carrots in the hot frying fat while stirring for about 4 minutes. Add zucchini and apricots, fry for another 2-3 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, 1⁄2 teaspoon of cumin and 1–2 teaspoon of curry.
- Deglaze with 125 ml of water, stir in the stock. Bring to the boil, simmer for about 3 minutes. Possibly. Pour rice into a colander and drain.
- Season the yoghurt with salt and cumin. Fold the mince and rice into the vegetables, heat briefly. Season again to taste. Serve with yoghurt. Also great cold as a salad.
1 portion approx:
- 560 kcal li>
- 38 g protein
- 25 g fat
- 61 g carbohydrates