'Food of the Caribbean' rice salad with beans, avocado and mango
- 200 ml unsweetened coconut milk li>
- 1 TL Vegetable stock (instant)
- 200 g Basmati rice
- 1 Dos e (n) (425 ml) Vegetable corn
- 1 Can (s) (425 ml) Kidney beans li>
- 1–2 (approx. 500 g) ripe mangoes
- 2 maturity Avocados
- 6 stem (s) span> flat leaf parsley
- 2 (approx. 300 g) Bananas
- 4 EL Margarine
- 6 EL span> Soy yoghurt
- coarse pepper
- 1 EL Lemon juice
- 2 span>
- Baking paper
- Combine coconut milk, 200 ml water, stock and 1⁄2 teaspoon salt in a saucepan, bring to the boil. Stir in rice. Bring everything to the boil again, cover and let soak for 12-16 minutes over low heat. Stirring occasionally!.
- In the meantime, pour the corn and beans into a sieve, rinse and drain. Cut the mangoes into wedges from the stone. Cut the peel from the pulp. Roughly dice the pulp. Halve and core the avocados.
- Carefully remove the pulp from the skin with a tablespoon and cut into thin wedges. Wash the parsley, shake dry, pluck the leaves off and chop 1⁄4 finely.
- Prepare a strip of baking paper. Peel the bananas and cut into slices approx. 1 cm thick. Caramelize 3 tablespoons of sugar in a large pan (stir only when the sugar is completely liquid!).
- Melt 2 tablespoons of margarine in it, then fry the bananas in the caramel for 1–2 minutes over medium heat, turning. Remove immediately and place on baking paper.
- For the dressing, season the yoghurt with sugar, a pinch of pepper and lemon juice. Peel and finely chop the garlic. Heat 2 tablespoons of margarine in a pan. Briefly sauté the garlic in it. Add rice, beans and corn, turn until golden brown.
- Season with salt and pepper. Divide the rice in bowls. With avocados, mangoes, bananas and parsley lightlydish up. Sprinkle with yogurt dressing and sprinkle with pepper.
1 portion approx:
- 640 kcal li>