Cole slaw (american coleslaw)
- 1 white cabbage (approx. 1.4 kg) span>
- 2 large carrots
- 1 Onion
- 150 g firm sour cream li>
- 6 EL Mayonnaise
- 3–4 EL white wine vinegar span>
- salt and pepper
- Remove the outer leaves from the cabbage and throw them away. Wash the cabbage and cut into quarters. Cut out the stalk in a wedge shape.
- Halve the cabbage quarter lengthways and slice or cut into very fine strips on a kitchen slicer or with a knife. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Clean and peel the carrots and roughly grate into the cabbage. Peel and dice the onion. Mix and knead everything with your hands. This will make the cabbage softer.
- For the sauce, mix the sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, 2 teaspoons of salt, 1 teaspoon of pepper and 1 teaspoon of sugar. Mix the coleslaw and sauce well with your hands. Cover the Cole Slaw and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Then add salt, pepper and vinegar to taste. Tastes great with veal knuckle, steak, burger or spare ribs.
- Cole Slaw with Raisins & Nuts: Wash 50 g raisins and pat dry. Roughly chop 50 g of hazelnuts. Lift both under the Cole Slaw.
1 person approx:
- 140 kcal li>
- 4 g protein
- 8 g fat
- 11 g carbohydrates