Coconut crème brûlée with hot cherries
- 1 vanilla pod or
- 1 Päc kchen Bourbon vanilla sugar
- 200 ml unsweetened coconut milk
- 150 g whipped cream li>
- 80 g + 4 tbsp sugar
- 4 fresh egg yolk (Gr. M)
- 4 EL span> Desiccated coconut
- 1 glass (370 ml) cherries
- 4 gestr. Tbsp brown sugar
- Cut the vanilla pod lengthways, scrape out the pulp. Mix coconut milk, cream, 80 g sugar, vanilla pod and pulp or vanilla sugar, egg yolk and 2 tablespoons coconut flakes. Cover and chill for about 1 hour.
- Place 4 flat ovenproof molds (approx. 200 ml each) in a baking dish. Place the dish on the oven shelf. Remove the vanilla pod from the coconut cream. Spread the cream in the molds.
- Pour enough hot water into the baking dish that 2/3 of the molds are in the water. Let the cream set in a hot oven (electric stove: 125 ° C / convection: 100 ° C / gas: see stove manufacturer) for 50–60 minutes.
- Drain the cherries, collecting the juice. Melt 4 tbsp sugar over medium heat. Pour in 4 tablespoons of juice. Cook, stirring, until the caramel has dissolved. Simmer for 3–4 minutes. Fold in the cherries.
- Let the crème cool down. Then sprinkle with 1 tablespoon each of brown sugar. With the help of a gas burner or under the hot oven grill, crust over briefly, then allow to solidify. Spread the cherries and the rest of the desiccated coconut on top.
1 person approx:
- 560 kcal
- 6 g protein
- 32 g fat
- 57 g carbohydrates li>