- 300 ml cream
- You can make clotted cream yourself quite time consuming, but worth it. You simply heat cream on a very low heat and wait for a solid layer to form on the surface. How long this takes depends on the type of cream.
- Pour the cream into a large pan. The bigger the surface, the better. Place the pan on the stove and heat on the lowest setting.
- Let the pan stand for a while. Initially, a thin skin forms on the surface, which after a while turns into a thick crust. Carefully skim off the crust with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl.
- Heat the rest of the cream and wait until the crust has formed again. Skim off the crust again and add to the bowl. This is repeated until the cream is completely skimmed off.
- Place the bowl with the skimmed crust in the refrigerator overnight and let it set. The next morning you should have a firm cream.