Classic scones with clotted cream and jam
- 500 g Preserving sugar (2: 1) span>
- 500 g frozen raspberries
- 2 packet Bourbon vanilla sugar span>
- span> juice of 1 lemon
- 85 ml cold buttermilk
- 1 egg ( Size M)
- 250 g flour
- 2 TL span> Baking powder
- 1/2 TL Natron
- 50 g Whole cane sugar
- 1/4 TL Salt
- 125 g cold butter li>
- juice of 1/2 orange (approx. 50 ml)
- 1 glass (170 g) Clotted Cream
- Baking paper
- For Mix the preserving sugar, frozen fruits, 1 packet of vanilla sugar and lemon juice in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil over medium heat, simmer for about 4 minutes. Fill immediately into sterile jars with twist-off lids, close and place on the lid for approx. 10 minutes.
- Then turn it over and let it cool down.
- In the meantime, whisk the buttermilk and egg together. Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt. Cut the butter into cubes and add to the flour mixture. Mix quickly with your fingertips to form a crumbly batter.
- Briefly stir in the buttermilk and egg mixture. Only stir until a dough is formed. Place the dough on a floured work surface, roll out about 1.5 cm thick. Approx. Cut out 9 scones (each 6.5 cm in diameter) and place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven (electric stove: 200 ° C / convection: 175 ° C / gas: see manufacturer) for 10–12 minutes. Take out and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- In the meantime, stir the orange juice, clotted cream and 1 packet of vanilla sugar in a tall container with the whisk of the hand mixer until smooth. Halve the cooled scones horizontally. Brush the underside with approx. 1 tablespoon each of cream and jam.
- Place the top on top. Use the remaining jam for other purposes.
1 piece approx:
- 380 kcal
- 1590 kJ
- 5 g protein
- 23 g fat
- 38 g carbohydrates