Classic Danube waves with cherries and butter cream
- 1 glass (720 ml) cherries
gbutter at room temperature
- 1 packet Bourbon vanilla sugar
- 275 g sugar span>
- 5 eggs (size M)
- 350 g Flour
- 1 packet Baking powder
- 9 EL + 440 ml milk
- 2 TL Cocoa powder
- 1 packet 'Vanilla flavor' pudding powder l i>
- 300 g Dark chocolate couverture
- 20 g coconut fat
- span> fat
- cling film
- Put the cherries in a colander and let them drain. Mix 250 g butter, vanilla sugar and 225 g sugar with the whisk of the hand mixer until creamy. Stir in eggs one at a time. Mix the flour and baking powder and stir into the dough alternately with 3 tablespoons of milk.
- Spread half of the dough on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Stir the cocoa into the other half of the batter. Put the dark dough in blobs on the light dough and spread it on too. Spread the cherries evenly on top and press lightly into the batter. Bake in the preheated oven (electric stove: 175 ° C / convection: 150 ° C / gas: level 2) for 25-30 minutes.
- In the meantime, stir in the pudding powder, 50 g sugar and approx. 6 tablespoons milk until smooth. Bring 440 ml milk to the boil, remove from the stove, stir in the pudding powder and cook for another minute. Place in a bowl, cover the surface with cling film and let cool.
- Take the cake out of the oven and let it cool down. Beat 250 g butter with the whisk of the hand mixer until creamy white. Briefly stir room warm pudding and add tablespoon by tablespoon to the butter while stirring. Important: butter and pudding must have the same temperature! Spread the buttercream on the cake and let it set in a cool place for about 3 hours.
- Roughly chop the couverture. Melt the couverture and coconut oil in a bowl on a warm water bath. Let the couverture cool for about 15 minutes, then spread it on the cake. Use a pie comb or a serrated pastry card to draw wave-like strips through the couverture. Chill for another 30 minutes until the chocolate icing is set.
1 piece approx:
- 330 kcal li>
- 1360 kJ
- 4 g protein
- 21 g fat
- 29 g carbohydrates