- 1 small white cabbage (approx. 1.2 kg)
- 7-10 EL white wine vinegar
- 1 onion
- 1 EL Caraway
- span> Sugar
- 3 EL Oil (e.g. B. sunflower oil)
- Remove the outer leaves. Wash the white cabbage under cold running water. Quarter the cabbage and cut out the stalk in a wedge shape with a sharp kitchen knife.
- Cut the cabbage into 2–3 mm thin strips with a sharp kitchen knife. If you have a vegetable slicer, slice the cabbage on the knife side.
- Put the cabbage strips in a large bowl. Drizzle with 3–4 tablespoons of vinegar and sprinkle with approx. 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Now you need the right manpower: Knead the cabbage vigorously with your hands for about 10 minutes until a milky juice forms. This destroys the cell structure of the cabbage and the strips of cabbage gradually become softer.
- Then let it steep for about 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, peel the onion and cut into very fine cubes. First cut the onion in half. Halve again lengthways. Then cut into strips and finely dice.
- Mix 4–5 tablespoons of vinegar with caraway seeds and 1 teaspoon of sugar in a small bowl. Withhold oil. Pour the vinegar-oil mix over the cabbage.
- Knead everything with your hands for another 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar. Let it steep for another 15 minutes.
1 portion approx:
- 110 kcal li>