Classic boiled beef with horseradish
- 1 onion
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 cloves
- 4 allspice grains
- 1 TL Peppercorns
- salt, pepper
- 1,5 kg Tafelspitz
- 2 Bund Soup green li>
- 1,25 kg Potatoes
- 1 apple, 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 piece (s) (approx. 30 g) fresh horseradish root
- Halve the onion with the skin and fry it in a large saucepan without fat for about 5 minutes on the cut surface until it is dark brown, so that the later stock gets a nice golden yellow color. Approx. Add 3 liters of water, bay leaves, cloves, allspice, peppercorns and 2 teaspoons of salt and bring to the boil.
- Wash the meat, add it - it should be covered with water. Let the meat cook over low to medium heat just before the boiling point for about 2 1⁄2 hours. Skim off the resulting foam again and again with a skimmer.
- Clean or peel and wash soup greens. Chop vegetables from 1 bunch of soup greens into large pieces. Add to the meat after about 1 hour and cook everything to the end. Finely dice the rest of the vegetables. Peel and wash the potatoes and cut into approx. 1 cm small cubes.
- Lift the meat out of the broth with a slotted ladle, pour the broth through a sieve into a second saucepan.
- Bring the broth back to the boil, season with salt and pepper. Cook the potatoes in it for about 15 minutes. After 8–10 minutes, add the diced vegetables. In the meantime, cut off the fat layer from the meat if desired.
- Use a very sharp knife to cut the meat across the grain into 1⁄2 cm thin slices. Let it steep again briefly in the broth with vegetables and reheat.
- In the meantime, wash the apple for the apple horseradish and grate finely all the way down to the core. Mix with lemon juice. Peel, wash and finely grate the horseradish. Mix immediately with the grated apple so that it does not turn brown.
- Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar. Serve boiled beef with bouillon vegetables, some broth and apple horseradish.
1 person approx.:
- 470 kcal li>
- 38 g protein
- 23 g fat
- 24 g carbohydrates