Classic beef roulades
- 1 medium sized carrot
- 4 s pan> medium-sized onions
- 3 Pickled cucumbers (jar)
- 6 beef rolls (approx. 180 g each) span>
- span> pepper
- 3 TL medium hot mustard
6–12slices smoked li>
- mixed bacon
- 2 EL clarified butter
- 1 EL Tomato paste li>
- 1 1 / 2–2 EL span> flour
- span> Roulade needles, wooden skewers or kitchen twine
- Peel, wash and roughly dice the carrot. Peel the onions. Roughly dice 2, cut 2 into fine rings. Quarter the cucumber lengthways. Dab the roulades dry, flatten them if necessary. Season with salt and pepper, brush with mustard.
- With 1–2 slices of bacon, 2 cucumber quarters and someCover onion rings so that a small edge remains free. Roll up from the narrow side. Pin or wrap.
- Heat the clarified butter in a large roaster. Fry the roulades vigorously all round, remove. Fry the carrot and onion cubes in the frying fat. Sweat the tomato paste briefly. Deglaze with approx. 3/4 l water and bring to the boil.
- Put the roulades back into the roasting pan and cook covered for 1 1/2–2 hours.
- Keep the roulades warm. Pour the stock through a sieve into a saucepan. Mix the flour and 4 tablespoons of cold water until smooth. Stir in the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for about 5 minutes. To taste. Serve the roulades in the sauce.
- Green beans and boiled potatoes go well with this. Drink tip: strong red wine, e.g. B. Pinot Noir.
1 person approx.:
- 580 kcal li>
- 48 g protein
- 36 g fat
- 11 g carbohydrates