Classic beef roulades with Brussels sprouts
- 8 small, thinly sliced beef roulades (approx g)
- 4 span> EL Mustard
- 2 Onions
- 4 pickles li>
- 8 discs (approx. 70 g) Sliced breakfast bacon
- 3 EL Oil
- 1/2 l Vegetable stock (Instant)
- 200 ml dry red wine
- 500 g Brussels sprouts
- 40 g Butter or margarine
- 50 g span> breadcrumbs
- 2-3 tbsp dark sauce thickener
- toothpicks / roulade needles
- Rinse the meat and pat dry. Brush with 2 tablespoons of mustard. Peel and halve 1 onion and cut into strips. Cut the pickles lengthways into 4 slices each. Place 2 cucumber slices on each roulade, spread on the onion strips.
- Place a slice of bacon on each. Roll up tightly from the short side and secure with toothpicks or roulade needles. Peel 1 onion, cut into pieces. Heat the oil in a casserole, fry the roulades vigorously on all sides.
- Remove, fry the onion, deglaze with stock and red wine, stir in 2 tablespoons of mustard. Add the roulades again, stew for approx. 35 minutes with the pot closed. In the meantime, clean and wash the Brussels sprouts and cook them in boiling salted water for the last 15 minutes.
- Melt the fat and brown the breadcrumbs in it. Remove the roulades and keep warm. Pass the sauce through a sieve, thicken slightly with a sauce thickener. Bring to the boil again and season with mustard, salt and pepper.
- Drain the Brussels sprouts and mix with the breadcrumbs. Serve the roulades with Brussels sprouts and sauce. Garnish with parsley. Boiled potatoes tossed in parsley butter also taste good.
1 person approx.:
- 590 kcal li>
- 2470 kJ
- 49 g protein
- 29 g fat
- 21 g carbohydrates