Cinnamon cherry cake
- 4 span> eggs (size M)
- 200 g Sugar
- 100 g flour span>
- 120 g span> cornstarch
- 2 span> TL Baking powder
- 3 TL Cinnamon
- 3 (à 200 g) Cup of whipped cream
- 1 Package Vanillin-Zucker
- 1 span> Glass (720 ml) Morello cherries
- span> thinly peeled peel of 1 untreated lemon
- 75 g chopped walnuts
- span> Chocolate sheets for
- Icing sugar spa n>
- baking paper li>
- Separate the eggs, beat the egg whites and 4 tablespoons of cold water until stiff. Sprinkle in 125 g of sugar. Gradually add the egg yolks. Mix the flour, 100 g cornstarch, baking powder and cinnamon and sieve onto the egg foam mixture.
- Carefully fold in. Line the bottom of a springform pan (24 cm Ø) with baking paper. Pour in the dough and smooth it out. Bake in the preheated oven (electric stove: 175 ° C / gas: level 2) for about 35 minutes.
- Let cool down on a wire rack. Cut the sponge cake three times. Place a cake or springform pan around the bottom. Beat 200 g of cream and vanilla sugar until stiff. Spread one half on the lower sponge cake.
- Place the bottom on top. Drain the cherries. Mix the juice, 2 tablespoons of sugar and 20 g of cornstarch, add the lemon zest and bring to the boil. Fold in the cherries. Remove the lemon peel. Spread the compote on the second floor, except for 2 tablespoons.
- Place the bottom on top. Brush with the rest of the vanilla cream and cover with the last of the crust. Beat the rest of the cream and sugar until stiff. Remove the cake from the edge of the cake and brush with half of the cream.
- Pour the rest of the cream into a piping bag with a star nozzle and decorate the edge with a loop. Garnish with the remaining cherries, nuts and chocolate leaves. Dust lightly with powdered sugar. Makes about 16 pieces.
1 portion approx:
- 330 kcal li>
- 1380 kJ