Christmas wreath with fine marzipan
- 8 red cherries
- 25 g Sukkade
- 25 g Orangeat
- 1 pack (300 g) Marzipan white bread span>
- span> Potato starch
- 1 (270 g) Roll of fresh puff pastry (refrigerated shelf)
- 8 whole almonds and candied Fruits to decorate (without skin)
- 2–3 EL Apricot jam
- baking paper
- For the filling 5 Chop the cherries very finely. Knead with succade, orange peel and marzipan. Shape into a roll (4–5 cm Ø; approx. 45 cm long) with a little thickness.
- Unroll the puff pastry in half and cut it crosswise (use the rest of the sheet of dough for other purposes, e.g. freeze). Halve the unrolled sheet of dough lengthways so that 2 strips (approx. 10.5 x 24 cm) are created.
- Combine both strips of dough on one short side to form a long strip. Place the marzipan roll on top so that approx. 3 cm remain free on one short side. Then roll up a little and brush the free long edge of the dough with water, continue to roll up and stick.
- Preheat the oven (electric stove: 200 ° C / convection: 180 ° C / gas: level 4). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the roll on the wreath. Place the wreath on the baking sheet with the dough seam facing down. Bake in the oven for 25–30 minutes.
- Let cool down.
- Halve the almonds lengthways. Halve 3 cherries. Warm up the jam and coat the wreath with it. Decorate immediately with almonds, cherries and candied fruits.
1 piece approx.:
- 240 kcal
- 4 g Protein
- 13 g fat
- 24 g carbohydrates