Christmas stollen for the Advent season
- 150 ml Milk
- 500 g + some flour
- 1 cube (42 g) fresh yeast
- 2 EL span> + 50 g sugar
- 100 g Raisins
- 2 EL Rum
- 150 g span> + 150 g softButter
- 1 span> egg (size M)
- 50 g lemon peel and orange peel
- 75 g chopped almonds
- 150 span> g Icing sugar
- Baking paper
- span> aluminum foil
- Warm the milk to lukewarm and sift 500 g flour into a large bowl. To press a hollow in the middle. Crumble in the yeast. Mix with 2 tablespoons of sugar, warm milk and a little flour from the edge with a fork to make the pre-dough.
- Cover with a tea towel and let rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes. Wash raisins, drain and soak in rum. Preheat the oven (electric stove: 200 ° C / convection: 175 ° C / gas: level 3).
- Line a tray with baking paper.
- Place 50 g sugar, 1 pinch of salt, 150 g butter and the egg on the edge of the flour. Knead with the dough hook of the hand mixer to form a smooth dough. Knead in the lemon peel, orange peel, ## almonds ## and ## raisins ## with your hands.
- Cover and let rise for about 1 hour.
- Knead the dough on a little flour, cut in half and roll out 2 rectangles (approx. 20 x 25 cm). Press in the middle lengthways with the back of your hand floured. Fold one side 3/4 over the other, curl inwards a little.
- Place a frame made of folded foil around the studs. Approx. Let rise for 20 minutes. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes. Turn down the oven (electric oven: 175 ° C / convection: 150 ° C / gas: level 2), continue baking for 18–20 minutes.
- Melt 150 g butter. Brush hot stollen alternately with butter and dust with powdered sugar. Let cool down. Dust again thickly with powdered sugar. Wrap in aluminum foil and store for 3–4 weeks.
1 portion approx:
- 200 kcal li>
- 3 g protein
- 10 g fat
- 24 g carbohydrates