Christmas salmon with potato gratin & vanilla beetroot
- 1 page (approx. 1.5 kg) fresh Salmon fillet with skin
- 2 Bund Dill
- 8 cloves
- 2 Star anise li>
- 2 EL Sugar (e.g. B. Brauner)
- 1 TL span> Cinnamon
grated peel of 1 organic orange
- 3–4 EL oil
- Transparent film
- aluminum foil
- 50 g Parmesan (piece)
- 1,5 kg Potatoes
- span> fat
- 300 g Whipped cream
1,2 kg Beetroot
- 2 EL span> Butter
- 3 EL Oil
- 1 more frequent Tbsp sugar (e.g. B. Brauner)
- 1⁄8 l white balsamic vinegar
- pulp of 1 vanilla pod
- Salt, pepper
- For the salmon 2 daysWash the salmon fillet beforehand, pat dry, cut in half crosswise. Possibly. Remove bones with tweezers. Wash the dill, shake dry, cut finely. Finely crush the cloves and anise in a mortar.
- Mix both with 1 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon and orange peel. Rub the meat side of the salmon fillets with it, then sprinkle with dill. Place the fillets with the seasoned sides on top of each other and wrap tightly in cling film.
- Then wrap in aluminum foil and place in a flat bowl. Weigh down with two kitchen boards and tin cans. Pickle in the refrigerator for 2 days. From time to time to turn.
- For the gratin Grate cheese after 2 days. Peel and wash the potatoes and slice or cut them into fine slices. Grease a flat gratin dish or casserole dish (approx. 30 cm Ø). Layer the potato slices like a roof tile, sprinkling with salt and cheese.
- Pour the cream on top. Bake in a hot oven (electric stove: 200 ° C / convection: 175 ° C / gas: see manufacturer) for about 45 minutes.
- For the beetroot, peel the tubers with disposable gloves, wash and cut into wedges. Heat the butter and 3 tablespoons of oil. Fry the beetroot in it for about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar, caramelize briefly.
- Deglaze with vinegar and 100 ml water, bring to the boil. Add vanilla pulp. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for approx. 5 minutes.
- Approx. Thinly slice 300 g of salmon fillet from the skin and set aside to eat raw. Cut the rest into 12 pieces. Heat 3–4 tablespoons of oil. Fry the salmon in it for 1–2 minutes per side. Serve everything.
1 person approx.:
- 760 kcal li>
- 56 g protein
- 34 g fat
- 52 g carbohydrates