- 2 EL Sunflower oil li>
- 100 g Popcorn corn
- 200 g fine, brown sugar
- 120 g light syrup span>
- 1 EL baking powder
- 1 EL not too coarse Sea salt
- baking paper span>
- Put 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium-sized saucepan so that the base is slightly covered. Add 50 g corn kernels, close the lid. Place the saucepan on the stove and heat it up.
- As soon as the first corn kernels start to pop, reduce to medium heat. When you can only hear a few kernels of corn, take the pot off the stove and let it rest for a moment with the lid closed.
- Pour popcorn into a large bowl. Repeat the process with the remaining oil and popcorn.
- Put the sugar and syrup in a tall saucepan. Heat over low heat, stirring until the sugar has largely dissolved. Place the sugar thermometer in the pot and heat to approx. 150 ° C without stirring.
- Remove the pot from the heat, remove the thermometer, add baking powder while stirring immediately.
- Put very quickly on the popcorn, fold in quickly. Spread the popcorn as flat as possible on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, sprinkle with salt and let cool. Store airtight and dry.