- 1 span> walnut-sized piece of ginger
- 200 ml black currant juice
- 400 ml clear apple juice
- 1 span> bag of mulled wine spice
- 1 Star anise
- 8 Kumquats
- 1 kg span> Preserving sugar (1: 1)
- Peel the ginger and cut into large pieces. Bring 300 ml of water, currant juice, apple juice, mulled fix, star anise and ginger to the boil and let it steep for 5 minutes. Pour everything through a fine sieve, let cool.
- Wash the kumquats, rub dry and cut into 1/2 cm wide slices. Bring the collected liquid, preserving sugar and kumquats to the boil and simmer for 3-5 minutes. Pour into glasses, close tightly and allow to set.