Choux pastry strips with lemon cream
- 50 g butter or margarine salt
- 125 g flour
- 3 Eggs (Size M)
- some Drops of bitter almond oil
- 3 sheet span> Gelatine
- 1 untreated lemon
- 1 1/2 span> (à 200 g) Cup of whipped cream
- 50 g Sugar
- 1 Can (s) (425 ml / div. weight: 250 g) Apricots
- 40 g Almond flakes
- baking paper
- Bring 1/8 liter of water, fat and salt to the boil. Add the flour all at once and stir until the dough comes off the bottom of the pan as a lump. Put the batter in a bowl, stir in 1 egg immediately and let cool down a little.
- Gradually stir in the remaining eggs. Finally add bitter almond oil. Let the dough rest for about 30 minutes. Pour the dough into a piping bag with a star nozzle. Squirt 8 strips (approx. 4 cm wide and approx. 10 cm long) onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Bake in the preheated oven (electric stove: 225 ° C / gas: level 4) for 15-20 minutes. Pour a cup of water into an ovenproof dish and place on the bottom of the oven while baking and let it evaporate.
- Let the choux pastry strips cool on a wire rack. In the meantime, soak gelatine for the lemon cream. Wash the lemon thoroughly, pat dry and rub the peel.Halve the lemon and squeeze out the juice.
- Squeeze out the gelatine and dissolve it over low heat. Mix with the lemon juice and refrigerate. Beat the cream until stiff and gradually pour in the sugar and lemon zest. Stir in the gelling lemon juice and chill the cream.
- Pour lemon cream into a piping bag with a star nozzle and spray onto the strips. Drain the apricots on a sieve, cut into wedges and place on top of the cream. Roast the almond flakes in a dry pan until golden brown and sprinkle over the strips.
- Makes 8 pieces.
1 portion approx:
- 340 kcal li>
- 1420 kJ