Apricot and rooibos jam
- 2 span> sachet of rooibos tea (e.g. vanilla)
- 1,2 kg ripe apricots
- 1 pack (500 g) Preserving sugar (2: 1)
35 minutes span>
- Pour approx. 50 ml of boiling water into the tea bag and 10 Let it stand for minutes. Squeeze out the teabag and remove it.
- Wash the apricots and scratch the skin crosswise. Scald the fruit briefly with boiling water, then rinse with cold water and peel off the skin. Halve the apricots, stone them, roughly dice and weigh 1 kg of pulp.
- Mix the apricots, rooibos tea and preserving sugar in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly, and simmer for at least 4 minutes.
- Skim the jam and immediately pour it into prepared twist-off glasses. Close the jars and put them on the lid for about 5 minutes. Then turn it over and let it cool down.