Apricot and carrot jam
- 1,5 kg Apricots
- 350 g Carrots
- 1 lime span>
- 1 pack (500 g) span> Preserving sugar 3: 1
- Cut the apricots crosswise and briefly blanch them in boiling water. Lift out, rinse with cold, and peel off the skin. Halve and stone the fruit. Weigh 1.25 kg and cut a little smaller.
- Peel, wash and finely grate the carrots. Weigh 250 g carrots. Wash the lime in hot water, dry it and rub the peel off. Squeeze out the juice.
- Mix the carrots and apricots with the preserving sugar in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat and stir constantly for at least 3Cook for a few minutes.
- Stir in the lime juice and zest. Immediately pour the jam into clean twist-off glasses, close and let cool upside down.