Apples in a dressing gown with cinnamon foam
- 1 pack (300 g) frozen puff pastry span>
- 5 small, red-cheeked apples
- juice of 1 lemon
- 50 g chopped hazelnut kernels
- 1 span> EL Raisins
- 75 g Sugar
- 1 knife tip ground span>
- 2 EL Rum span>
- 1 egg
- 3 Egg yolk (size M)
- ground cinnamon li>
- 150 ml unsweetened apple juice
- rolling papers
- span> baking paper
- Spread out puff pastry slices on a work surface In the meantime, peel 4 apples, remove the core with an apple cutter and drizzle the apples with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Chopped nuts, raisins, 1 tablespoon of sugar Mix the aniseed and rum and fill the apples. Roll out 4 sheets of puff pastry into squares (approx. 18x18 cm) on a floured work surface. Place the apples in the middle of each square.
- Separate the egg and coat the edges of the dough with the egg white. Press the corners of the dough together over the apples, so that they are completely enveloped. Roll out the remaining sheet of dough and cut out decorations (e.g. small apples and leaves).
- Whisk the egg yolks. Place the apples on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and brush all over with egg yolk. Place some decorations on top, press down a little and place the remaining decorations on the baking sheet.
- Also brush the decorations with egg yolk. Bake in a preheated oven (electric stove: 200 ° C / gas: level 3) for about 30 minutes. Take small extra decorations out of the oven after approx. 15 minutes.
- Wash the rest of the apple, quarter it, and cut into narrow wedges. Bring the rest of the lemon juice and 1/8 liter of water to the boil, add the apple wedges and cook over a low heat for about 5 minutes. Place the egg yolks, remaining sugar, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon and apple juice in a heatproof bowl.
- Beat with a whisk over a hot water bath until thick foamy and season to taste. Arrange the apples in the batter with the cinnamon foam on plates. Drain the apple wedges. Decorate the plates with the columns and dough decorations.
- Dust with a little cinnamon and serve decorated with leaves.
1 person approx.:
- 750 kcal li>
- 3150 kJ