Apple yeast cake
- 75 g Butter or margarine
- 200 ml Milk
- 375 g Flour
- 1 span> egg (size M)
- 75 g Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- Juice and grated zest of 1 untreated lemon
- 25 g
- 1,5 span> kg small, tart apples (e.g. Boskop)
- 50 g almond sticks
- 2-3 EL Apricot jam
- Fat and flour
- Melt 40 g of fat, pour in cold milk and remove from the stove. Put the flour, egg, 3 tablespoons of sugar, salt and lemon zest in a mixing bowl. Crumble in the yeast, pour in the lukewarm milk-fat mixture and knead everything well with the dough hook of the hand mixer.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for about 20 minutes. Knead again briefly and let rise for another 20-30 minutes. In the meantime, mix lemon juice and about 1/2 liter of water. Wash, peel and halve the apples and cut out the core.
- Cut the apple halves deeply and place them in lemon water. Knead the yeast dough and place on a greased, sprinkled with flourPress the baking sheet flat with your hands. Place the apple halves close together on the dough and press down.
- Sprinkle with almonds and the remaining sugar. Spread the remaining fat on the cake in small flakes. Bake in a preheated oven (electric stove: 200 ° C / gas: level 3) for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the apricot jam and strain it through a sieve.
- Spread the hot cake thinly with liquid jam. Makes about 20 pieces.
1 portion approx:
- 170 kcal li>
- 710 kJ