Apple tart topped with meringue and poppy seeds
- some + 150 g cold butter
- 4 eggs + 3 egg whites (Gr. M)
- 250 g span> + some flour
- 125 g + 50 g + 125 g sugar
- 1 packet Vanilla sugar
- 700 g tart apples (e.g. B. Elstar)
- 200 ml Apple juice li>
- 1 packet vanilla pudding powder
- 1 (250 g) Bag of ready-to-bake poppy seed filling
- 2–3 EL Breadcrumbs
- 3 EL Icing sugar
- A tart pan (approx. 28 cm Ø) with a removable base. Separate 1 egg and refrigerate the egg white. Knead 250 g flour, 125 g sugar, vanilla sugar, salt, 150 g butter in pieces and 1 egg yolk.
- Roll out the dough on a little flour into a circle (approx. 32 cm Ø), place in the mold, press the edge and base on. Prick the bottom several times with a fork. Cover and chill for approx. 40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven (electric stove:175 ° C / circulating air: 150 ° C / gas: level 2). For the compote, peel, quarter and core the apples and cut into small cubes. Stir 5 tbsp apple juice and custard powder until smooth. Cover the rest of the apple juice, 50 g sugar and the apples and cook for 4–6 minutes until they are soft.
- Stir in the mixed pudding powder, bring to the boil and simmer for about 1 minute, stirring constantly. Let cool down a little, stirring often.
- For the poppy seed mixture, mix 1 egg white, 3 eggs and the poppy seed filling. Sprinkle the dough base with breadcrumbs. Spread the apple compote on top. Spread the poppy seed mixture on top as well. Bake in the hot oven on the lower rack for about 35 minutes.
- For the meringue, beat 3 egg whites until stiff, sprinkling in 125 g of sugar. Take the cake out of the oven, distribute the egg whites evenly on top and bake for another 20-25 minutes at the same temperature.
- Possibly. Cover with aluminum foil approx. 15 minutes before the end of the baking time. Let cool and dust with icing sugar.
1 piece approx:
- 440 kcal li>
- 8 g protein
- 16 g fat
- 64 g carbohydrates