Apple strudel with vanilla sauce
- 450 g frozen puff pastry (6 rectangular slices) span>
- 75 g Raisins
- 100 g Almond kernels
- 1,2 kg tart apples (e.g. B. Jonagold)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 span> Egg (size M)
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 3 EL Sugar
- 1 deleted ( r) TL Cinnamon
- 1 (250 ml) cup of bourbon vanilla sauce
- 1 EL Icing sugar
- baking paper
- Place the puff pastry slices next to each other and let them thaw at room temperature. Wash the raisins, drain them. Roughly chop the almonds. Peel, quarter and core apples, cut into pieces.
- Mix the apples with the raisins, almonds and lemon juice.Put the puff pastry slices back on top of each other. Roll out into a rectangle (approx. 36 x 45 cm) on a lightly floured work surface. Whisk the egg and brush the edges of the dough rectangle with it.
- Sprinkle the dough sheet with breadcrumbs. Spread the apple mixture on top, leaving a margin of approx. 3 cm on each side (except one short side). Mix the sugar and cinnamon, sprinkle on the apples.
- Beat the edges of the dough over the apples on the long sides. Roll up the short side into a strudel. Place the roll with the seam down on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Brush with the rest of the egg.
- Bake in a preheated oven (electric stove: 200 ° C / convection: 175 ° C / gas: level 3) for about 30 minutes. Serve warm or cold with vanilla sauce. Dust with powdered sugar.
1 piece approx:
- 260 kcal li>
- 1090 kJ
- 4 g protein
- 14 g fat
- 29 g carbohydrates