Apple pie with marzipan
- 300 g + some flour li>
- 50 g span> + 75 g sugar
- span> Salt
- 150 g cold + some + 100 g soft butter
- 150 g cold marzipan paste
- 3–4 (approx. 700 g; e.g. Cox Orange) sour apples
- 1 Egg + 1 egg white (size M)
- 2 EL condensed milk
- aluminum foil
- For the shortcrust pastry 300 g flour , 50 g sugar, 1 pinch of salt, 150 g of cold butter in pieces and 4–5 tablespoons of ice-cold water, first knead with the dough hook of the mixer, then with your hands to form a smooth dough.
- Cover and chill for approx. 30 minutes.
- Grease a springform pan (approx. 26 cm Ø). Roll out a good 3/4 of the dough on a little flour in a round shape (approx. 34 cm Ø). Place in the springform pan and press the edge about 4 cm high. Prick the bottom several times with a fork.
- Chill the rest of the dough.
- Grate the marzipan evenly on the dough base of the springform pan. Mix 100 g of soft butter and 75 g of sugar with the whisk of the mixer until creamy. Peel, quarter, core and roughly grate the apples.
- Squeeze out the rasp with your hands, then mix with the butter-sugar mix.
- Preheat the oven (electric stove: 175 ° C / convection: 150 ° C / gas: level 2). Separate egg. Beat 2 egg whites until stiff and fold into the apple mixture in portions. Pour into the springform pan and smooth out. Roll out the rest of the dough on a thin layer of flour (approx. 27 cm Ø).
- Cut into strips approx. 1.5 cm wide using a pastry wheel or knife. Place as a grid on the apple mixture, lightly press the edges.
- Whisk egg yolks and condensed milk. Coat the grid with it. Bake the cake in the hot oven on the lowest rack for 50–55 minutes. Possibly. Cover with aluminum foil approx. 10 minutes before the end of the baking time. Take out, detach from the edge of the mold and let cool in the closed springform pan.
1 piece approx:
- 290 kcal li>
- 4 g protein
- 17 g fat
- 29 g carbohydrates