Apple pie with coconut meringue
- 800 g sour apples (e.g. Boscop)
- 4 EL Lemon juice
- 300 g Sugar
- 125 g soft butter or margarine span>
- 1 packet vanillin sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 5 Eggs (size M)
- 175 g flour
- 1 TL span> baking powder
- 3-4 tbsp Rum
- 100 g Desiccated coconut
- roasted Desiccated coconut and powdered sugar
- Wash, peel and quarter the apples and cut out the core. Cut the apple quarters into pieces, mix with 3 tablespoons of lemon juice and 25 g of sugar. Mix the fat, 100 g sugar, vanilla sugar and salt until creamy.
- Separate 3 eggs and refrigerate the egg whites. Add 2 whole eggs and the egg yolks one after the other to the fat-sugar mixture and stir in. Mix the flour and baking powder and then briefly stir in together with the rum.
- DoughPut in a greased springform pan (26 cm Ø) sprinkled with flour and smooth out. Spread the apples on top. Bake in the preheated oven, 2nd rack from the bottom (electric stove: 175 ° C / convection: 150 ° C / gas: level 2) for about 30 minutes.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, then gradually add 175 g of sugar and stir in well. Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and stir in. Fold in 100 g coconut flakes and after 30 minutes spread the mixture loosely on the cake.
- Bake for another 10 minutes. Place the finished cake on a wire rack and remove the meringue from the edge with a knife. Let the cake cool in the pan. Sprinkle with desiccated coconut and powdered sugar just before serving.
1 piece approx:
- 250 kcal li>
- 1050 kJ
- 4 g protein
- 13 g fat
- 28 g carbohydrates