Apple pie with a caramel crust
- 1 packet vanilla pudding powder (for 1⁄2 l milk; for cooking)
- 400 ml Milk
- 2 tablespoons + 250 g sugar li>
- something + 250 g + 100 g soft butter span>
- span> something + 350 g flour
- 1 packet vanilla sugar
5eggs (size M) li>
- 1 packet baking powder
- 1,5 span> kg Apples (e.g. Elstar)
- 150 g Crème fraîche
- 80 g span> brown sugar
- Mix the pudding powder, 5 tbsp milk and 2 tbsp sugar until smooth. Bring the rest of the milk to the boil and remove from the stove. Stir in the mixed pudding powder, bring to the boil and simmer while stirring for about 1 minute. Pour into a bowl and let cool, stirring several times.
- Grease a drip pan (approx. 32 x 39 cm; deep baking sheet) and dust with flour. Mix 250 g butter, 250 g sugar, vanilla sugar and a pinch of salt with the whisk of the mixer until creamy.
- Stir in eggs one by one.Mix 350 g flour and baking powder and stir in two portions. Put the batter on the drip pan and smooth it out.
- Preheat the oven (electric stove: 175 ° C / convection: 150 ° C / gas: see manufacturer). Peel, quarter and core the apples. Cut into the apple quarters on the curved side several times lengthways 1–2 mm deep. Stir the crème fraîche into the pudding.
- Spread the pudding mixture on the dough by tablespoon, press it flat with the back of the spoon. Place the apple quarters on top with the curve facing up. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Knead 100 g butter and brown sugar and spread as flakes on the cake, bake at the same temperature for another 25-30 minutes. Let cool down. In addition: whipped cream.
1 piece approx:
- 320 kcal li>
- 4 g protein
- 17 g fat
- 35 g carbohydrates