Apple-nut cake with mascarpone cream
- 4 span> eggs (size M)
- 100 g Sugar
- 1 pinch salt span>
- 160 g span> coarsely ground hazelnuts
- baking paper
- 1 kg tart apples
- 150 g span> Sugar
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Thinly peeled peel of 1 untreated lemon
- 1 Heaped tablespoons of cornstarch
- 25 g span> Raisins
- 3 sheets white gelatine
- 1 Vanilla pod
- 250 g Mascarpone (Italian cream cheese)
- 250 g Lean quark
4 EL Milk span>
- 350 g span> whipped cream
- 50 span> g hazelnut flakes
- Mint leaves
- Separate eggs. Beat the egg white until stiff, pour in the sugar and salt. Beat in egg yolks one after the other. Subject nuts. Line the bottom of a springform pan (26 cm Ø) with baking paper, pour in the dough and smooth it out.
- Bake in a preheated oven (electric stove: 175 ° C / gas: level 2) for about 30 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack and let cool down. Remove from the mold and ideally leave to rest overnight. For the compote, wash 800 g apples, peel, quarter and remove the core.
- Cut quarters into slices and bring to the boil with 50 g sugar, 1/8 liter water, cinnamon stick, juice of 1 lemon and lemon zest. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Mix the cornstarch with a little water until smooth and stir into the compote.
- Again brieflybring to a boil. Add the raisins, remove the cinnamon stick and lemon zest. Let cool down. Soak gelatin. Cut the vanilla pod lengthways and scrape out the pulp. Mix the vanilla pulp, mascarpone, quark, milk and 50 g sugar until smooth.
- Squeeze out the gelatine, dissolve it and stir into the cream. Chill for 10 minutes. Cut the sponge cake once. Fill with apple compote and mascarpone cream. Chill for 1-2 hours. Wash the remaining apples and cut a thin slice from the center.
- Cut columns from the rest. Bring the rest of the lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of sugar to the boil. Steam the apples in it for 1-2 minutes, drain and let cool. Beat the cream and the remaining sugar until stiff and coat the cake with it.
- Sprinkle the edge with hazelnut flakes. Pour the rest of the cream into a piping bag with a star nozzle. Decorate the cake with curly cream. Decorate with apple slices, wedges and mint leaves. Makes about 16 pieces.
1 portion approx:
- 360 kcal li>
- 1510 kJ
- 7 g protein
- 23 g fat
- 27 g carbohydrates