Apple-mashed potatoes with sauerkraut & bratwurst
- 1 onion
- 100 g smoked streaky bacon
- 1 jar (s) (850 ml) Sauerkraut
- 800 g Potatoes
- 1 carrot
- salt and pepper
1–2EL Oil li>
- 1 pack (300 g) span> Nürnberger Rostbratwürste
- 2 span> Apples
- 5 stem (s) fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 200 ml Milk
- 2 EL Butter
very easy div>
- Peel the onion, inCut stripes. Cut the bacon into fine sticks. Fry half of the bacon in a pan until crispy. Fry the onion briefly. Add the sauerkraut, sauté briefly. Pour in 100 ml of water, bring to the boil and cook covered for approx. 30 minutes.
- Peel the potatoes and carrots, wash them and cook them covered in salted water for approx. 20 minutes. Remove the carrot after 10 minutes and dice it into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Fry the sausages in it, turning, for about 10 minutes.
- Peel, quarter, core and cut the apples into large pieces. Approx. Add to the potatoes 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time and cook them too.
- Season the sauerkraut with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar. Place the sausages on the sauerkraut. Fry the remaining bacon in the pan until crispy, fry the carrot cubes briefly.
- Wash the marjoram, shake dry and chop. Drain the potatoes. Add milk and butter, mash everything into a lumpy puree. Season to taste with salt, nutmeg and marjoram. Serve the puree with sauerkraut and sausages and sprinkle with the bacon mixture.
1 person approx:
- 730 kcal li>
- 20 g protein
- 50 g fat
- 45 g carbohydrates