Apple jelly with lemon balm
- 1,75 kg ripe, sour apples
- 1 pack (500 g) Universal preserving sugar
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 span> Clove
- 0.5 Lemon (the juice of it)
- 1 potty Lemon balm
- Wash the apples, remove the flowers and stems and chop the apples. Cover the fruit and 3/4 liter of water in a large saucepan and cook for 20-30 minutes. Line a sieve with a cheesecloth and pour the pulp on it.
- Let the juice drain well - but don't squeeze it out. Let the apple juice cool down. Measure 3/4 liter of juice. Bring to the boil with about half of the preserving sugar, cinnamon stick, clove and lemon juice. Let simmer for 3 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Add the rest of the preserving sugar and bring to the boil again while stirring. Let simmer for 1 minute. Take out the cinnamon stick and clove. Wash lemon balm, pat dry and pluck small leaves into the hot jelly.
- Fill the jelly to the brim in prepared glasses, close tightly and turn upside down for a short time so that a vacuum is created. Store in a cool and dark place.