- 500 g apples
- 1/2 Vanilla pod
- 1 EL Lemon juice
- 2 TL liquid sweetener
- 150 g Lean quark
- 5 EL low-fat milk (1.5%) li>
- 5 EL Oil
- 1 pinch Salt
- 300 g flour
- 1 Package Baking powder
- 1 Egg
- 1 EL span> Sprinkle sweetness for dusting
- baking paper
- Peel, quarter, core and dice the apples. Cut the vanilla pod lengthways. Scrape out the mark. Bring the apple cubes, lemon juice, 50 milliliters water, vanilla pod and pulp to the boil and simmer for ten minutes over a mild heat.
- With 1/2 teaspoonSeason the sweetener to taste. Remove the vanilla pod and let the compote cool. For the dough, mix together the quark, milk, oil, remaining sweetener and salt. Mix flour and baking powder and knead into the quark.
- Divide the dough into eight pieces and roll out each piece into a rectangle (16x14 centimeters). Place two tablespoons of apple compote on the lower half of the rectangle. Cut the upper half horizontally several times with a knife.
- Separate the egg, coat the edges of the dough with egg white and fold the cut halves over the other. Press on the edges and brush with beaten egg yolk. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake in the preheated oven (electric stove: 200 ° C / gas: level 3) for ten to 15 minutes.
- Let cool down and dust with sprinkling sweetness.