Apple cream cake with chocolate sponge cake
- 4 eggs (size M) li>
- 125 g span> Sugar
- 75 g flour
- 75 g Cornstarch
- 20 g cocoa powder
- baking paper
- 3 sheets white gelatine
- 3 Apples (e.g. Jonagold) span>
- 1/4 l span> Cider (lightly mousing French cider with 4% vol. alcohol)
- 3 (à 200 g) Mug of whipped cream li>
- grated zest of 1 untreated lemon li>
- 1 packet vanillin sugar
- 1 EL lemon juice
- 100 g almond flakes
120 minutes div>
- Separate the eggs. Beat the egg whites until stiff. Gradually stir in the sugar. Stir in the egg yolks. Sift the flour, cornstarch and cocoa powder onto the ice cream and carefully fold in with a whisk .
- Line the bottom of a springform pan (26 cm Ø) with baking paper, add the biscuit mixture, smooth it out and bake it in the preheated oven (electric stove: 200 ° C / gas: level 3) Bake for about 25 minutes. Take out and let cool down well on a wire rack.
- Soak gelatine in cold water. Peel and quarter 2 apples and remove core Cut small pieces and sauté briefly in cider. Drain the apple pieces on a sieve, catching the liquid and frying ask.
- Squeeze out the gelatine well and dissolve over a mild heat. Whip 1 1/2 cups of cream until stiff, pour in the lemon zest and vanilla sugar and stir in the liquid gelatine. Put in apple pieces.
- Cut the cooled biscuit horizontally once. Enclose the lower base with the springform pan. Spread the apple cream on the floor. Cover with the top floor. Whip the rest of the cream until stiff and pour 4 tablespoons of cream into a piping bag with a star nozzle.
- Remove the springform pan, spread the cream on the cake, sprinkle small tuffs on the cake and refrigerate. Wash and quarter the rest of the apple and remove the core. Cut the apple quarters into thin wedges.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and sauté briefly in the cider that was set aside. Remove the apple wedges from the brew and let them cool down. Roast the almond flakes in a pan until golden yellow. Decorate the cake with apple wedges and flaked almonds.
- Makes approx. 16 pieces.
1 piece approx:
- 270 kcal li>
- 1130 kJ