Apple compote with vanilla meringue cream
- 600 g apples (e.g. Elstar) span>
- 1 EL Butter
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 EL lemon juice span>
- 4 EL Apple juice
- 50 g Meringue
- 1 vanilla pod span>
- 200 g Whipped cream
- 2 stick (s) span> Mint
- Wash the apples, peel and quarter them as desired. Remove the core and cut the apples into pieces. Heat butter in a saucepan and sauté apples briefly. Add 2 tablespoons of sugar, lemon and apple juice, bring to the boil and simmer on a low heat for about 3 minutes until soft.
- Pour into a large bowl and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Crumble the meringue. Scrape the vanilla pulp from the vanilla pod. Whip the cream with the vanilla pulp and 1 teaspoon sugar until stiff. Layer one after the other compote, cream, meringue and more compote in four dessert glasses.
- Wash the mint, shake dry and cut the leaves into strips. Sprinkle on top and serve immediately.
1 person approx:
- 330 kcal li>
- 2 g protein
- 19 g fat
- 35 g carbohydrates