Apple compote with cookie meringue
- 750 g sour apples (e.g. Cox Orange) span>
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 50 g + 100 g sugar
- 1 Package Vanilla sugar li>
- 1/4 l Apple juice
- 50 g Chocolate cookies (ready to buy)
- 2 fresh, cold egg whites
- Icing sugar
very easy div>
- Peel, quarter, core and dice apples. Mix immediately in a saucepan with lemon juice. Add 50 g sugar, vanilla sugar and apple juice. Cover and bring to the boil over a low heat for about 5 minutes, until the apples are soft but not yet disintegrated.
- Pour into an ovenproof dish and let cool down.
- In the meantime, roughly chop the cookies for the meringue. Beat the egg whites until stiff and add a pinch of salt and 100 g sugar. Continue beating until the sugar has dissolved and the egg whites are firm, i.e. when they can be cut with a knife.
- Disable cookies. Spread loosely on the apple compote. Brown for a short time with a kitchen gas burner or under the hot grill. Dust with powdered sugar.
1 person approx.:
- 350 kcal li>
- 3 g protein
- 4 g fat
- 74 g carbohydrates