Apple compote à la Britta
- 5 Apples
- 3 EL lemon juice
- 6 EL brown sugar
- 1/2 TL cinnamon
- span> Vanilla pulp of a pod or 1 packet of bourbon vanilla sugar
- 2 EL ground hazelnuts
- preserving or jam jars
- fat pan or large baking dish
span> very easy
- Peel and core the apples and cut into smaller cubes, put in a saucepan, drizzle with lemon juice and simmer at low temperature. Season to taste with brown sugar, vanilla pulp (bourbon vanilla sugar) and cinnamon and simmer until the pieces are soft.
- Finally, add grated hazelnuts to taste, stir in and pour into the glasses.
- Preheat the oven to 100º, place the glasses in a fat pan (casserole dish) and fill 1/3 with water. Please make sure that the glasses do not touch. Leave in the oven for about 1 hour.
- Once boiled down, the apple compote can be kept for about 1 year. © Britta Polewski.