Apple and pumpkin salad with chicken legs
- 1 small pumpkin
- (e.g. B. Butternut or
- Hokkaido ; approx. 800 g)
- 2 EL Pumpkin seeds
- 5 EL + some oil
- 5–6 stem (s) Thyme
- 12 Chicken drumsticks
- (approx. 75 g)
- 4 EL Asian chili sauce
- (from the bottle)
- 1 span> medium-sized onion
- 1 Lime
- 3 sour apples
- (e.g. B. Elstar; approx. 600 g)
2tbsp fruit vinegar, 1 tbsp honey li>
- Quarter the pumpkin, peel if necessary, remove the seeds. Cut the pumpkin into thin pieces. Roast the pumpkin seeds in a pan without fat and remove. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in the pan. Fry the pumpkin in it, turning, for about 6 minutes.
- Wash the thyme, shake dry, pick off the leaves. Fold under the pumpkin and let cool.
- Preheat the oven (electric stove: 200 ° C / convection: 175 ° C / gas: level 3). Wash the legs, pat dry. Season with salt and pepper. Place on an oiled tray. Fry in the oven for 30–35 minutes. Turn once.
- After about 20 minutes, coat the legs with chili sauce.
- Peel and finely dice the onion. Squeeze the lime. Wash the apples, quarter them, core them, cut into small pieces and mix immediately with 2 tablespoons of lime juice so that they do not turn brown.
- Mix the vinegar, remaining lime juice, salt, pepper and honey. Beat in 4 tablespoons of oil. Mix with onions, apples, pumpkin and pumpkin seeds. Serve with the chicken legs.
1 person approx.:
- 490 kcal li>
- 29 g protein
- 27 g fat
- 30 g carbohydrates