Apple and onion tart
- 3 Onions
- 3 tart apples (e.g. B. Elstar)
- 25 g span> Butter
- 1 EL Cane sugar
- 3–4 stem (s) Thyme
- 1 pack (270 g) fresh butter puff pastry sweet or savory Kipferl and Golatschen (ready to bake rectangular rolled out on baking paper; 42 x 24 cm; refrigerated shelf)
- 50 span> g Cheddar cheese
- 1 egg yolk li>
- Peel the onions and cut into rings. Peel, quarter and slice apples. Melt the butter in a pan. Steam the onions in it, stirring occasionally, over low heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add sugar and let caramelize for another 2-3 minutes. Wash thyme, shake dry and finely chop except for a few stalks for garnish. Add the apples and thyme to the onions. Steam for another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Let cool on a flat plate.
- Take the puff pastry out of the refrigerator 5–10 minutes before processing. Coarsely grate the cheese. Unroll the puff pastry and cut in half crosswise. Place pieces on a baking sheet. Spread the onion and apple mixture evenly on both halves.
- Leave a border of approx. 1 cm all around. Scatter cheese over the topping. Whisk egg yolks with 2 tablespoons of water. Brush the edges of the dough with it andPreheated oven (electric stove: 200 ° C / convection: 175 ° C / gas: see
- manufacturer) for 15–20 minutes until golden brown. Take out of the oven and let cool down on a wire rack for about 5 minutes. Arrange warm on platters and cut into pieces.
1 piece approx:
- 170 kcal li>
- 710 kJ
- 3 g protein
- 11 g fat
- 14 g carbohydrates