Apple and marzipan tart with a grid
- 75 g Icing sugar
- 400 g span> + some flour
- 175 g + 50 g + some cold butter
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk ( Size M)
- 1,25 kg sour apples (e.g. Elstar)
- 125 g Sugar
- 6 EL lemon juice
- 1–1 1⁄2 teaspoons of cornstarch li>
- 30 g dried cranberries
- 200 g marzipan paste
- 2 EL Milk
- Icing sugar
- baking paper
- For the dough, knead powdered sugar, 400 g flour, 175 g butter and 1 egg until smooth. Cover and chill for about 30 minutes.
- For the compote, peel, quarter, core and cut the apples. Caramelize the sugar in a large, wide saucepan while stirring until golden yellow.Melt 50 g butter in it. Deglaze with lemon juice.
- Add the apples and simmer for about 5 minutes. Lift out the apples with a slotted spoon. Mix 1 teaspoon starch and 1 tablespoon cold water until smooth. Bring the caramel to the boil. Stir in starch and simmer for 1 minute while stirring constantly (if necessary, thicken with 1⁄2 teaspoon starch).
- Fold in the apples and cranberries.
- Roll out the marzipan round (approx. 26 cm Ø). Grease a tart pan with a lifting base (26 cm Ø) and dust with flour. Approximately. Roll out 2⁄3 of the dough in a round shape (approx. 30 cm Ø) on a little flour and line the pan with it.
- Press the dough on the edge, cut off any excess dough. Prick the bottom with a fork several times. Put the marzipan on top.
- Preheat the oven (electric stove: 175 ° C / convection: 150 ° C / gas: see manufacturer). Knead the leftover dough and the rest of the dough and roll out into a round shape (approx. 28 cm Ø). Cut into strips approx. 1 cm wide with a knife.
- Put the compote in the mold. Place half of the strips of dough on top, spaced apart. Place the rest of the strips diagonally on top to form a grid. Whisk the egg yolks and milk together. Brush the lattice of the pastry with it. Bake in the oven on the lowest rack for 35–40 minutes.
- Let cool down. Dust with powdered sugar.
1 piece approx:
- 360 kcal li>
- 5 g protein
- 17 g fat
- 45 g carbohydrates