Apple and marzipan cake with caramel sauce
- 125 g ground almonds without skin li>
- 180 g flour
- 250 g Butter
- 75 g Icing sugar li>
- 250 g Marzipan raw mass
- 50 g brown sugar li>
- 1/2 TL span> ground cinnamon
- 3 Eggs (size M)
- 1,2 span> kg apples, e.g. Elstar
- 100 g Sugar
- 150 g whipped cream
- span> flour
- cling film
- aluminum foil
- 100 g almonds, 150 g flour, 125 g butter andQuickly knead the icing sugar with your hands to form a smooth dough. Shape the dough into a ball, press flat, wrap in cling film and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Roll out the dough in a round shape (approx. 34 cm Ø) on a floured work surface. Line a greased springform pan (approx. 26 cm Ø) with it. Press the dough firmly on the edge. Sprinkle the bottom with the remaining almonds.
- Mix the marzipan, brown sugar, cinnamon and 125 g butter until creamy. Stir in eggs one at a time. Stir in 30 g of flour as well. Peel and quarter apples and core. Cut apple quarters into wedges.
- Layer the apple wedges and marzipan mixture alternately on the base. Finish with a layer of apple wedges. Bake cakes in a preheated oven (electric stove: 175 ° C / convection: 150 ° C / gas: see manufacturer) for 50–60 minutes.
- After about 30 minutes of baking time, cover with aluminum foil.
- Caramelize the sugar in a saucepan. Pour in the cream and simmer until the caramel has dissolved. Let the sauce cool down, stirring occasionally. If the sauce is too thick after cooling, stir in some more cream.
- Take the cake out of the oven and let it cool on a wire rack. Drizzle the caramel sauce over the cake before serving. Whipped cream tastes good with it.
1 piece approx:
- 410 kcal li>
- 1720 kJ
- 6 g protein
- 27 g fat
- 36 g carbohydrates