- 1,5 kg dark sweet cherries
- 350 g Sugar
- 1 EL Lime juice
- 100 ml Amaretto
- 1 EL liquid vanilla flavor
- 1 Bottle of bitter almond flavor
45 minutes div>
- Wash, stem and stone the cherries. Put sugar and cherries in a saucepan. Simmer, stirring over medium heat, for 10–15 minutes, until the sugar has melted and cherry juice has formed. Then simmer for 10–12 minutes in a syrupy manner.
- Stir in the lime juice, amaretto and flavorings. Simmer for another 10 minutes. Pour the cherries with syrup into clean twist-off jars and seal. Store in a cool and dark area. Tastes great with vanilla ice cream or sweet creams.