- 1,5 kg dark sweet cherries
- 350 g Sugar
- 1 EL Lime juice
- 100 ml Amaretto liqueur
- 1 EL liquid vanilla flavor
- 1 Bottle of bitter almond flavor
- Wash, stem and stone the cherries. Put in a large saucepan with sugar. Heat, stirring over medium heat, for 10-15 minutes until the sugar has melted and cherry juice has formed.
- Then reduce to a syrupy level for 10–12 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the lime juice, liqueur and flavors. Simmer for another 10 minutes. Pour the cherries and syrup into prepared twist-off jars and close immediately. Store in a cool and dark area. Shelf life 3–4 months.