Amaranth and savoy cabbage packets
- 2 medium-sized onions
g+ 1 tsp amaranth
- 4 EL Oil
- 1,2 l hot vegetable stock (instant)
- 1 (approx. 1.2 kg) Savoy cabbage
- 150 g Carrots
1 EL butter or Margarine
- Pepper span>
- 1/2 Bund Parsley
- 125 g Gouda cheese span>
- 1 (approx. 300 g) Pork fillet
- 1 leveled tablespoon flour
- 5 EL Whipped cream li>
- Cayenne pepper
- wooden skewers
- Peel the onions and chop finely. Rinse the amaranth well and drain it in a colander. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a saucepan, sauté half of the onions in it. Add the amaranth and deglaze with 300 ml of stock.
- Bring to the boil and cover and leave to soak over a very low heat for 40-45 minutes. In the meantime, clean the savoy cabbage, then remove the 8 outer savoy cabbage leaves from the stem and wash. Approx. Blanch for 2 minutes in boiling salted water.
- Remove, rinse in cold water and allow to drain. Cut 150 g of the remaining savoy cabbage into fine strips. Use the rest of the savoy cabbage elsewhere. Peel, wash and finely dice the carrots. Heat the fat in a pan, add the savoy cabbage strips and diced carrots, except for 1 tablespoon for sprinkling, add and sauté.
- Deglaze with 300 ml of stock and cook for about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Wash the parsley, pat dry and finely chop. Finely grate the cheese. Mix the amaranth, parsley, savoy cabbage, carrots and 50 g cheese.
- If necessary, season with salt and black pepper. Lay the savoy cabbage leaves flat and cut off the remaining stalk. Put 1 heaping tablespoon of amaranth mixture on each savoy cabbage leaf. Fold in the sides of the savoy cabbage leaf and roll up.
- Secure with wooden skewers. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a coated roasting pan and fry the cabbage packets in it. Deglaze with 600 ml of stock and simmer for about 10 minutes over medium heat. In the meantime, wash the pork tenderloin, pat dry and cut into slices.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan, fry the fillet in portions. Remove, season with salt and pepper and keep warm. Braise the rest of the onions in the frying fat. Dust with flour and sweat.
- Remove the parcel from the broth and keep warm. Deglaze the onions with the stew liquid and cream, bring to the boil and reduce for approx. 5 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in 50 g cheese. Season with cayenne pepper.
- Briefly toast 1 teaspoon of amaranth in a small saucepan with a lid. Put aside. Arrange the fillet slices and parcels with the sauce on a platter. Serve sprinkled with the roasted amaranth, remaining diced carrots and 25 g cheese.
1 person approx.:
- 510 kcal li>
- 2140 kJ
- 36 g protein
- 29 g fat
- 27 g carbohydrates