Almond rhubarb cake
- 1,25 kg Rhubarb (approx. 1 kg net)
- 150 g + 65 g + 100 g + 2 tbsp sugar
- 200 g + some flour li>
- 50 g Cornstarch
- 125 g cold + some margarine
- 3 Eggs (Gr. M)
- 250 g span> low-fat quark
- 100 g ground almonds (without skin)
- grated zest of 1/2 organic lemon
- 1 tbsp almond flakes
- Icing sugar
- baking paper
- 750 g dried peas for blind baking span>
- Clean and wash the rhubarb and cut into pieces. Mix with 150 g of sugar in a saucepan and let steep for at least 30 minutes.
- 200 g flour, starch, 65 g sugar, 125 g margarine in pieces and 1 egg with the dough hookof the hand mixer, then knead briefly with your hands until smooth. Cover and chill for about 30 minutes.
- Bring the rhubarb to the boil and simmer for about 4 minutes until soft, but do not let it disintegrate. Drain in the sieve, collecting the juice.
- Grease the springform pan (26 cm Ø). Dust half of the dough with a little flour and roll out on the mold base. Close the edge of the mold Shape the rest of the dough into 2 rolls (each approx. 36 cm long) and press up approx. 4 cm at the edge.
- Place a large sheet of parchment paper in the dish, pour in the peas. Bake in the preheated oven (electric stove: 200 ° C / convection: 175 ° C / gas: see stove manufacturer) on the lowest rack for 15–20 minutes.
- Separate 2 eggs. Mix the quark, 2 egg yolks, 100 g sugar, ground almonds and lemon zest. Beat 2 egg whites until stiff, pour in 2 tablespoons of sugar. Fold the egg whites under the curd mixture. Take the bottom out of the oven, switch the oven down (electric stove: 175 ° C / fan: 150 ° C / gas: level 2).
- Remove the baking paper with the peas. Put the rhubarb first, then the quark on the dough. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes. Approx. Let cool down for 3 hours. Sprinkle with toasted almond flakes and dust with powdered sugar.
- Whipped cream tastes good with it.
1 piece approx:
- 330 kcal li>
- 8 g protein
- 14 g fat
- 40 g carbohydrates