Almond macaroons with chocolate filling
Portion size: INGREDIENTS for about 20 pieces
- 75 g finely ground almonds
- 150 g Icing sugar
- 25 g Cocoa powder
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/2 tbsp fine sugar
- 100 g dark Chocolate
- 50 g cream
- 25 g soft butter
- 2 Baking trays li>
- Baking paper
- 1 Disposable piping bags
- Cake rack
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° (convection 160 °). Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper. Mix the almonds, powdered sugar and cocoa well and pass through a sieve.
- Beat the egg whites with the hand mixer until stiff . Gradually add the sugar and continue beating for about 1 minute. Work in the almond mixture with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into a disposable piping bag without a nozzle. Squirt about 40 small heaps onto the baking paper. Keep enough distance, because the mass spreads apart when baking. Bake both baking sheets in the oven for about 20 minutes (center) until the macaroons have risen and have a fine crust. Let cool for a few minutes, then let cool on a wire rack.
- Chop the chocolate for the chocolate cream. Heat the cream, remove it from the stove and stir in the chocolate. When it is melted, stir in the butter with the hand mixer until the mixture is firm. Cool for 20 minutes until it can be brushed. Spread 1 macaroon on the bottom with the cream and put a second on top.