Almond-crusted chicken leg with Brussels sprouts, Gorgonzola sauce and wild rice mixture
- 150 g Long grain wild rice mix li>
- 500 g Brussels sprouts
- 8 Chicken drumsticks (approx. 100 g each)
- 2 eggs (size M)
- 40 g flour
75g ground almonds
- 5 TL Oil
- 75 g span> elongated shallots
- 3 stem (s) thyme span>
- 600 ml span> Vegetable stock (instant)
- 100 g whipped cream
- 75 g Gorgonzola cheese
- 1-2 TL Lemon juice
- 1 pinch Sugar
- 1-2 TL Butter
- 1 TL Pink berries
- Rice, 350 ml of water and salt in put in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Cook over low heat for about 20 minutes and let rest for 10 minutes. In the meantime, clean and wash the Brussels sprouts and cook in a little boiling salted water for about 15 minutes.
- Wash the chicken drumsticks, pat dry and season with salt and pepper. Whisk the eggs, season with salt and pepper. Turn the chicken legs first in flour, then in egg and finally in almonds. Heat 4 teaspoons of oil in a pan and fry the chicken drumsticks over medium heat, turning for about 15 minutes.
- Peel the shallots and quarter them lengthways. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a small saucepan, sauté shallots and 2 sprigs of thyme in it. Deglaze with vegetable stock, bring to the boil and stir in cream. Approx. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in Gorgonzola until melted. Remove thyme stalks. Season the sauce with lemon juice, pepper and sugar. Drain the Brussels sprouts and toss in butterand sprinkle with pink berries.
- Arrange the chicken drumsticks, Brussels sprouts and sauce. Garnish with thyme. Add rice.
1 person approx.:
- 840 kcal li>
- 3520 kJ
- 49 g protein
- 51 g fat
- 44 g carbohydrates