Almond and coconut ice cream with hot blueberries
- For the ice cream (for 12 servings):
- 1 Vanilla pod or 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 3 Eggs (Gr. M)
- salt span>
- 400 g span> whipped cream
- 60 span> g Sugar
- 6 EL Rum
- 100 g chopped almonds li>
- 100 g desiccated coconut
- For the blueberry sauce
- 1 (approx. 15 g) heaped tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1⁄4 l Apple juice
- 2 EL Sugar
- 300 g frozen blueberries
- For thatThe day before, scratch the ice cream in the length of the vanilla pod and scrape out the pulp. Separate eggs. Beat the egg whites and a pinch of salt until stiff. Whip the cream until stiff too. Whip the egg yolks, 60 g sugar, rum and vanilla pulp until thick and creamy.
- Fold in the almonds, cream and egg whites one after the other. Fill into a loaf pan (approx. 20 cm long; approx. 1.25 l content) or bowl. Cover and freeze overnight.
- For the blueberry sauce, stir in the starch and 3 tablespoons of apple juice until smooth. Bring the remaining juice and 2 tablespoons of sugar to the boil. Thicken with starch, bring to the boil and simmer briefly. Add frozen berries.
- Shape half of the ice cream into 6 balls or cut into pieces (freeze the remaining ice cream immediately). Roll the ice cream one after the other in desiccated coconut. Arrange the ice cream with the hot blueberry sauce and serve immediately.
1 portion approx:
- 240 kcal li>
- 4 g protein
- 15 g fat
- 19 g carbohydrates