Almond and carrot cake with chocolate topping
- fat u. Breadcrumbs
- 600 g large carrots
- 75 g + 15 g butter
- 7 Eggs (Gr. M)
- 140 g span> + 140 g sugar
- 1 packet vanillin sugar
- 350 g ground almonds (without skin)
- 1 TL ground cinnamon
- grated peel and Approx. 6 tablespoons of juice from 1 organic lemon
- 125 g flour
- 1 deleted TL span> baking powder
- 300 span> g dark chocolate couverture
- whipped cream
- 12 Marzipan Carrots to decorate
- Grease the springform pan with tube base insert (26 cm Ø), sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Peel the carrots, wash, grate finely. 75 g butter Melt over low heat, cool lukewarm.
- Separate eggs. Beat egg yolks, 140 g sugar and vanilla sugar with a hand mixer for about 5 minutes until creamy. Melted butter after and Stir in. Mix in the carrots, almonds, cinnamon, lemon zest and juice.
- Beat the egg white and a pinch of salt until stiff, adding 140 g let trickle in. Mix the flour and baking powder and fold into the carrot cream alternately with the egg whites.
- Spread the dough into the pan. Bake in a preheated oven (electric stove: 175 ° C / fan: 150 ° C / gas: level 2) for 50–60 minutes. Let cool in the mold for about 10 minutes. Then carefully remove from the edge of the mold with a knife and pop out.
- Let cool down.
- Chop the couverture and melt it with 15 g butter in a hot water bath. Cover the wreath with it. Let dry in a cool place. Just before serving, decorate with cream and marzipan carrots.
1 piece approx:
- 410 kcal li>
- 10 g protein
- 25 g fat
- 34 g carbohydrates